Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second

Zein
    Zein

Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second Empty Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second

Post by Zein Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:11 pm

Milan are all alone in second place after comfortably beating Palermo 3-0 at San Siro, Kaka scoring twice from the penalty spot.

Milan 3-0 Palermo

Milan were in excellent form coming into this game, having won three on the bounce, and five of their last six. However, the Rossoneri injury list was still long, as Gattuso, Borriello, Nesta, Kaladze, Bonera, Abbiati, Antonini, and Pato were missing. Mathieu Flamini continued at right back, while Pippo Inzaghi started as the lone frontman.

Palermo were also in good shape, having taken 13 points out of a possible 18. The Sicilians had no injury problems, but they were without hardman defender Moris Carrozzieri, who could face a long spell out of the game after testing positive for cocaine this week. Fabrizio Miccoli and Edinson Cavani launched the attack.

First Half

Milan attacked right from the start, and on eight minutes were handed a golden opportunity to take the lead. The referee controversially awarded a penalty after a coming-together in the area between Massimo Ambrosini and Mattia Cassani. Kaka stepped up and made no mistake, side-footing the ball low to Marco Amelia's left.

The Rossoneri doubled their lead 10 minutes later. Again Ambrosini was involved, as he got in behind the Palermo defence, and crossed for an unmarked Inzaghi at the back post, who easily headed the ball past Amelia.

Kaka tested Amelia from long range, and then released David Beckham in on goal, but the Englishman's finish was disappointing, as he blazed well over with Inzaghi unmarked square.

It took until the laf-hour mark for Palermo to threaten, with Miccoli blasting inches wide from 30 yards out.

Milan controlled the tempo for almost the entire half, and just before the whistle it could have been three as Kaka whipped a 20-yard curler just past the far post.

Second Half

Palermo knew they had a mountain to climb, and made a bold attacking move at the break, introducing young striker Abel Hernandez for Nocerino, and going 4-3-3, with Miccoli tucked in behind two Uruguayans.

The game opened up as a result, and Kaka, having skinned Simon Kjaer, twice went close to making it 3-0. Moments later, the mountain became even steeper for the away side, as Cesare Bovo saw red for two yellow cards after fouling Kaka.

Milan were in total control. Seedorf fired just wide, before Milan were awarded a second penalty on 55 minutes. This time it was clear, as Kaka was pulled back by Federico Balzaretti. The Brazilian stepped up again, and sent Amelia the wrong way.

The home side eased off a little after the third goal, and both Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko were handed some playing time. On 73 minutes it could have been four, as Pirlo rifled a daisycutter just wide.

Gianluca Zambrotta cut in from the left and forced a save out of substitute goalkeeper Samir Ujkani, but the game finished 3-0. Milan are now alone in second place after Juventus could only draw 2-2 at Reggina.

Teams

Milan: Dida; Flamini, Maldini, Favalli, Zambrotta; Beckham (Cardacio 78), Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf (Ronaldinho 63); Inzaghi (Shevchenko 66)

Palermo: Amelia (Ujkani 63); Cassani, Kjaer, Bovo, Balzaretti; Migliaccio, Liverani, Nocerino (Hernandez 46); Simplicio; Cavani, Miccoli (Mchedlidze 56)

Goals

Kaka pen 9 (M)
    Inzaghi 18 (M)
    Kaka 55 (M)

Red Card

Bovo 48 (P)
    Zein
    Zein

Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second Empty Re: Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second

Post by Zein Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 pm

I wonder why we didn't play like this from the begging of the season.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second Empty Re: Kaka & Inzaghi On Target As Milan Thrash Palermo & Go Second

Post by Mahdiano Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:42 pm

well because ur Milan
    and not to be deceived ur over performing against mid teams nothing more
    beating Torino , Siena , Palermo and Chievo is something normal regardless of the scoreline
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:13 am

Yeah but u know we always lose points against those teams.
    We draw against Torino in the 1st leg and were beaten 3-1 by Palermo.
    Our performance also improved greatly cuz simply Kaka is back !!
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 am

Zein wrote:Yeah but u know we always lose points against those teams.
    We draw against Torino in the 1st leg and were beaten 3-1 by Palermo.
    Our performance also improved greatly cuz simply Kaka is back !!

well i agree but as u know this aint enough to win titles
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah but winning against mid teams makes it more easy to win titles.
    Inter don't lose against those teams except for 2day Razz I think it makes the difference.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 am

Zein wrote:Yeah but winning against mid teams makes it more easy to win titles.
    Inter don't lose against those teams except for 2day Razz I think it makes the difference.

n why do u think Inter r still 7 points ahead ??
    2day was just our 3rd loss in the whole season while Milan started their season losing the firt 2 games lol

Napoli in San Paolo is a hell of a match and if it wasnt fo the fuckin shitty refreein Milan got Napoli should have won against u , Hamsik's goal was 100% correct
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 am

yeah ok Inter are 7 points ahead and u will win the league I'm not saying that Milan have any chance of winning it as I think Inter can gain 7 point from the next 5 matches U know we need a miracle.
    I agree Napoli at San Paolo is a hard match.They should have a goal but shouldn't have won as before it we should have had a penalty. Smile
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

Zein wrote:yeah ok Inter are 7 points ahead and u will win the league I'm not saying that Milan have any chance of winning it as I think Inter can gain 7 point from the next 5 matches U know we need a miracle.
    I agree Napoli at San Paolo is a hard match.They should have a goal but shouldn't have won as before it we should have had a penalty. Smile

ok having a penalty is a 50-50 chance
    but no allowing a goal is a 100%
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 am

At the end it ended as a draw Smile.let's just not talk about the referees its an argument that will never end Very Happy.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:44 am

Zein wrote:At the end it ended as a draw Smile.let's just not talk about the referees its an argument that will never end Very Happy.

u better say that 2 urself
    so i wont have 2 be bothered all the time with u cryin over imaginary calls from refrees that u create on ur own
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 am

Lol I think u r the one who started it and also say that 2 urself too as everybody knows how many times the referees favored u this season.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 am

yea like 2day we were denied a clear penalty 4 Balotelli but u dont see me blame that for the loss

look we werent favoured by refs , refs made some wrong calls in our favour n they did the same against us
    same happened with u and Juventus so dont cry over it , deal with it
    i dont wanna go through this conv again cause i already proved so with real facst and incidents

let's just stop here 4 now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am