Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Milan - Torino

Zein
    Zein

Milan - Torino Empty Milan - Torino

Post by Zein Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:20 am

Stadio Meazza

Torino will continue their fight against relegation this week as they take on Milan at the legendary Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in Week 32.

The Rossoneri now find themselves only two points behind second placed Juventus and so they have one more reason to win this match. Last week’s away win at Chievo was suffered but deserved.

“I am interested in keeping third spot but Juve are only two points ahead so we will see,” said Carlo Ancelotti. “We do control games and our defence has been superb, but our strikers need to improve.”

Toro’s dramatic win against Catania last week allowed the Granata to move forward in the table, pulling Bologna into the relegation zone. But things are still very difficult for Giancarlo Camolese’s men as doubts remain over how good they really are.

“I am not looking at the table,” noted Camolese. “There are still things to work on and we haven’t done much to justify such confidence. It is an open business and we still have a lot to work on.”

Marek Jankulovski is suspended for this tie but Paolo Maldini should be able to recover. The Rossoneri’s injury list includes several stars but on Sunday afternoon it will all be up to Pippo Inzaghi.

Camolese is undecided in terms of which formation to use. The Piemontesi boss may opt for a 3-5-2 with full-back Matteo Rubin playing in midfield and Ignazio Abete on the right flank. Alessandro Rosina may start behind Roberto Stellone and Rolando Bianchi.

The Granata have failed to beat Milan in their last six games. Their last two visits ended in goalless draws, but they have been defeated in three of their last four homes games to the Diavolo.

Keep an eye on: Filippo Inzaghi (Milan) – Super Pippo still makes the difference in Serie A. The former Juve striker doesn’t seem close to retirement. On contrary he is as eager as a debutant when it comes to scoring goals.

Last season: Milan 0-0 Torino

Form guide: Milan (W W D W W) Torino (L L L L W)
    Milan (probable): Abbiati; Antonini, Senderos, Maldini, Zambrotta; Seedorf, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pato; Kaka, F.Inzaghi

Torino (probable): Sereni; Rivalta, Natali Franceschini; Abete, Dzemaili, Barone, Rubin; Rosina, Stellone, Bianchi

Ref: Banti
    Zein
    Zein

Milan - Torino Empty Re: Milan - Torino

Post by Zein Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:32 pm

A great win over Torino Very Happy . I was glad to see Inzaghi bagging a hatrick.
    Flamini was outstanding Very Happy
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 pm

i just dunno the secret behind Pippo bein asleep in the 1st half of the season n then explode in the 2nd half

i just cant imagine what would have happened if he perform the same for the whole season and if he was like 6 or 7 years younger.
    Pippo is a legend

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 am