Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino

Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino Empty Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino

Post by Mahdiano Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Serie A Week 32 - 18/4/09 (19.30 UK)

Juventus - Inter

Stadio Olimpico

Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino 2363601239569444

The Scudetto could have been on the line this Saturday night. Instead, there will only be pride at stake between Juventus and Inter in this Week 32 clash.

With 10 points separating them in the table the Bianconeri’s title chances are the slimmest they have been all season. After a spectacular 3-3 draw against Chievo, they went on to lose at Marassi against Genoa, practically handing the Scudetto to their hated rivals.

“It is as if we have melted, but when you concede so many goals it is everybody’s fault,” noted Gigi Buffon.

“We should have reduced the gap with Inter but now we will have to play them with anger. I expect a great display,” added Claudio Ranieri.

Results are definitely going Inter’s way these days. While many expected their lead to be reduced before this game, the Nerazzurri have instead managed to increase it. Their false step with Palermo came through unnoticed following Juve’s defeat to Genoa.

“The Sicilians could have won 3-2 but it would have been harsh,” confessed Jose Mourinho. “Anyway, I didn’t like the score. My players must have not listened to what I said in the dressing room. There are seven games left and the title race is not over yet.”

For this important clash Ranieri will have to do without long-term injuries Momo Sissoko and Hasan Salihamidzic, as well as Claudio Marchisio and Mauro Camoranesi who are suspended. Alessandro Del Piero may sit on the bench as Ranieri is expected to replace him with David Trezeguet. Expect only a sub role for Sebastian Giovinco too.

Inter approach this game with nearly all their squad available apart from the likes of Amantino Mancini and Douglas Maicon. Adriano is still in Brazil and may quit the club in the next few weeks. Mourinho should pick Mario Balotelli up front to link up with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Nerazzurri have been defeated only twice away from home this term but they have never found it easy at the Olimpico and can expect a heated atmosphere in Turin.

Keep an eye on: Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus) – When the former Udinese striker gets the chance to play, he rarely fails to deliver. So Inter should be aware of that as they may end up being Vinny’s next victims at the end of the day.

Last season: Juventus 1-1 Inter

Form guide:
    Juventus (W W W D L) Inter (W W W W D)
    Juventus (probable): Buffon; Grygera, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro; Marchionni, Poulsen, Tiago, Nedved; Iaquinta, Trezeguet

Inter (probable): J.Cesar; Santon, Cordoba, Chivu, Maxwell; J.Zanetti, Cambiasso, Muntari; Stankovic; Balotelli, Ibrahimovic
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino Empty Re: Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino

Post by Mahdiano Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:36 pm

In Italy , Juventino u r or Interisti , ur season ends here
    this is the match we wait for all season , this is the pride of italian football , Derby D'italia

well after our European failure again this season i think the team should pay back the fans , a win in Derby D'italia in Torino will kill any hopes Juve got for the Scudetto it will expand the difference to 13 points n it will be the 1st time from many years that Inter beat Juve on both legs

i'm really waiting for Ibra to score his 1st goal ever against Juventus in an Inter jersey , that will be just great if he score in Torino

we dont have a lot of absences but Maicon still a major one and Adriano wont be counted as one anymore , Mourinho can now welcome Mancini back from injury but i dont think he will be an option in this game

i hope Mou starts with Cordoba n Samuel in CB and move Chivu to the LB instead of Maxwell who was a disaster in Palermo's game and we have Santon on the RB spot

midfield will be Zanetti , Muntari , Cambiasso and Stankovic n i dont think there will be any surprises there and infront Zlatan n Balotelli unless Mourinho wanna try Juventus secret weapon Julio Cruz Very Happy
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino Empty Re: Derby D'Italia - Juventus vs Inter : Serie A 32nd Week @ Stadio Olympico Torino

Post by Mahdiano Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:46 pm

We Will Beat Juventus - Inter Star Zlatan Ibrahimovic

The hitman is geared up for the big clash against bitter rivals Juventus...

Former Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is bursting with confidence as he warns his former club that his Inter side will emerge victorious and unscathed from their derby d'Italia showdown tomorrow night.

The big Sweden international has bagged 20 goals this term as he chases the Capocannoniere award, but he has never scored against Juve since leaving them in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal three years ago. Nevertheless, 'Ibra' is unfazed, and he insists the points will be heading back to San Siro.

"It's not our most important game of the season. We have showed that we want to win the league and this is why we are first," Ibrahimovic told Inter Channel.

"We are 10 points ahead of them, and if we win tomorrow then we will have an even more important advantage."

The striker is expecting a stern test against his old club, but insists his team will be waving the flags of victory.

"It will be a great game full of emotions and it will be a spectacle," added the striker.

"We are ready for the game as we have been working hard all week. We will go there to win."
    Srour
    Srour

Post by Srour Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:45 am

aiming for the Scudetto or not, Juve are going into this game with passion !! their back line is shaky and the new duo of Ibra-Balo can take advantage of that. though you know, cant predict a derby outcome.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:49 am

i agree with srour never predict in a derby

i know Juve will be so nervous n we all know they will be under more pressure than us and this can end up in an aggressive game and will allow us more spaces , maybe it wont be a closed match it will be open cause Juve has nothing to lose

even a draw is a positive result for us but nothing tastes better than a win over Juve in Torino
    Srour
    Srour

Post by Srour Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:09 am

Juve's flair might get the best of them. they are passionate about this game, some might call it too "passionate", rendering juve to fall into the same silly mistakes.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 pm

well they have charisma n their hate for Inter will make them do anything to win but still i believe the team with higher concentration and more calm are the team to win cause they will be less exposed 2 mistakes

n i expect it 2 be a dirty game , someone will get sent off

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am