Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

Inter vs Palermo , Serie A 31st Week @ Stadio Meazza

Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Inter vs Palermo , Serie A 31st Week @ Stadio Meazza Empty Inter vs Palermo , Serie A 31st Week @ Stadio Meazza

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:01 am

Serie A Week 31 - 11/4/09 (14.00 UK)

Inter - Palermo

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

With a nine point lead over Juventus, Inter take on Palermo with a serious chance to kill off any hopes left in their rivals and end the title race well in advance.

Their away victory at Udinese was fundamental and helped them increase their lead to nine points. With eight games to play there seems to be little to prevent them from winning the title. Still, they will be keen to offer a glittering performance in front of their fans.

“It was a special night because we knew we had a chance to increase the gap,” said Christian Chivu. “But we don’t want to think too much about scores, we are ahead and will try to win every game,” he added. “Scudetto? I don’t even want to mention that word…” revealed Dejan Stankovic.

Palermo are doing well this season and find themselves in eighth position with 45 points, four behind Roma. The Rosaneri managed to beat Torino at the Barbera last weekend and will be looking for a positive result at San Siro too.

“We have to improve on our performances, and I even say we could reach the Champions League,” said boss Davide Ballardini. “My team is in good shape so we can go out and play against anyone at the moment.”

Inter will have to do without two key players for this game. Julio Cesar and Douglas Maicon are injured and will be replaced by Francesco Toldo and Davide Santon respectively. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli will start up front while Adriano's problems mean he is unlikely to feature.

Igor Budan and Roberto Guana are injured while Cesare Bovo and Mattia Cassani are suspended. Ballardini will probably play Simon Kjaer in defence. Federico Balzaretti, Marco Amelia and Mark Bresciano are not 100 per cent fit but should be available. In attack Edison Cavani and Fabrizio Miccoli are expected to start.

Keep an eye on: Edison Cavani (Palermo) – On a day when everybody will be expecting Ibrahimovic, Cavani could get a chance to prove his worth at the “Scala del Calcio.” The Uruguayan has so far scored 11 goals and won’t be shy in front of the Nerazzurri.

Form Guide: Inter (D W W W W) Palermo (L W W L W)

Last season: Inter 2-1 Palermo
    Inter (probable): Toldo; Santon, Cordoba, Samuel, Chivu; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Muntari; Stankovic; Balotelli, Ibrahimovic

Palermo (probable): Amelia; Savini, Kjaer, Carrozzieri, Balzaretti; Migliaccio, Liverani, Nocerino; Simplicio; Cavani, Miccoli

Last edited by Mahdiano on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Inter vs Palermo , Serie A 31st Week @ Stadio Meazza Empty Re: Inter vs Palermo , Serie A 31st Week @ Stadio Meazza

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:32 pm

it's been a very very long time since i last seen Inter throw away a 2-0 lead and in san siro , i dunno how it happened and how we conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes cause i didnt watch the game , i had problems with ma receiver.

well with 20 goals Zlatan is the Serie A lead scorer and i hope he can continue that n be on time next week against Juve in Torino

Juve have Genoa 2day in Marazzi so i predict Juve not to walk with the whole 3 points insha2allah

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:07 am