Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

Barcelona Reach Initial Keirrison Agreement – Report

Shiko
    Shiko

Barcelona Reach Initial Keirrison Agreement – Report Empty Barcelona Reach Initial Keirrison Agreement – Report

Post by Shiko Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Keirrison has expressed his desire to join Barcelona and, after the Catalan club agreed an initial deal with his agents, a summer move could happen.

Barcelona have reached an initial agreement to sign Keirrison from Palmeiras. The forward could not hide his delight as he revealed his dream of playing alongside Lionel Messi.

The Blaugrana may still be on course for three trophies this season but plans for next term are already well under way and a recent trip to South America by Txiki Begiristain proved fruitful.

Talks between Barcelona and Keirrison's agency, Traffic, have led to an outline arrangement being made that will see a concrete bid set to follow in the next few weeks.

A price of €15 million was asked, however, the Catalan outfit are determined to see that lowered with a number of clauses and conditions related to the youngster's progress.

The 20-year-old forward has said that he wants to be successful and would relish the chance to play alongside Messi..

"I would really like to play alongside Lionel Messi," Sport quote Keirrison as stating. "He is the best player in the world.

"Since I was very young I have wanted to play… with a great club and, although I have nothing against any others, I have always identified with Barcelona.

"I saw a lot of games when Romario and Ronaldo were there and that made me dream that one day I would play at Barcelona."

Liverpool, Real Madrid and Valencia are all keeping tabs on Keirrison, with los Che tabling an offer in the winter market that was rejected by Traffic.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 am