Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

5 posters

La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga

Shiko
    Shiko

La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga Empty La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga

Post by Shiko Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Barcelona may be winning all the plaudits for their style this season, but on Sunday they face the team that should be praised for having defied all the critics...
    Kick Off: 19:00 CET - Sunday, March 22, 2009 - Camp Nou, Barcelona

All the talk at Barcelona has been about the Champions League draw and whether they can beat Bayern Munich, but before that there is the small matter of playing the team of the season.

The Blaugrana may be playing the most attractive football in the Primera Division, and be on course to win one or more trophies, but they are certainly not causing as many surprises as Antonio Tapia's side.

Malaga won promotion from la Segunda A at the end of last term and many predicted that they would make an immediate return after one year among the big boys.

Instead, the Andalucian outfit have quietly set about their task after constructing a useful squad that had few pundits predicting that they would produce the results they have.

The difference between success and failure is often far wider in the top flight, but that does not detract from the fact Malaga are currently chasing a European place.

With only three more wins that Osasuna, who are currently third from bottom, Tapia's team lie in sixth place and could, incredibly, go third if they were to pull of the shock result of the season.

Euro Hopefuls

In the build-up in Malaga, the players and coach all spoke about no game being impossible to win, while many are just relishing the prospect of playing in Camp Nou.

The reality of defeating Barça away maybe one step too far, especially given that the result when the teams met in La Rosaleda earlier this campaign was a resounding 4-1 victory for the Catalan side.

But Malaga will remain in or around the UEFA Cup places, and for that they deserve great credit, with the players and those behind-the-scenes all sharing the limelight.

It was not that long ago that the club werer in dire financial straits and could have dropped into third tier as they hovered just above the second division drop zone.

Former Real Madrid defender Fernando Sanz, and his father and former Madrid president Lorenzo, took control and began to turn things around; and the mere fact that they will be watching their team walk out against Barcelona is a huge achievement.

The media may have spent the majority of the build-up talking about Bayern Munich, but Pep Guardiola will make his players well aware that playing and beating Malaga is their first priority.

RECENT FORM

Barcelona

15/03 A 2-0 Almeria
    11/03 H 5-2 Olympique Lyonnais
    07/03 H 2-0 Athletic Club
    04/03 A 1-1 Real Mallorca
    01/03 A 3-4 Atletico de Madrid
    24/02 A 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais

Malaga

15/03 H 2-2 Sevilla
    08/03 A 2-1 Getafe
    01/03 H 0-2 Recreativo
    22/02 A 3-1 Real Valladolid
    14/02 A 1-1 Valencia
    08/02 H 3-2 Almeria

TEAM NEWS

Barcelona

Carles Puyol is still out of action, as is Gaby Milito, so Pep Guardiola is likely to partner Gerard Pique in the middle with Rafa Marquez once again. On the left it will be a choice between Sylvinho and Martin Caceres and in the middle the only certainty is Xavi Hernandez.

Probable Starting XI: Valdes, Alves, Sylvinho, Marquez, Pique, Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Messi, Eto'o

Malaga

Duda and Albert Luque have both been given the green light to make the trip to Barcelona by club doctors, while Nabil Baha will undergo a late fitness test before it is decided if he can play. Jose Juan Luque is in the squad after missing training this week with a hamstring strain.

Probable Starting XI: Goitia, Gamez, Rosario, Weligton, Apono, Duda, Eliseu, A. Luque, Nacho, Salva

PREDICTION

Malaga may be in an impressive position in the league, but Barcelona's form is back to its best and they have just enjoyed their first week off since the turn of the year. That rest should invigorate Pep Guardiola's squad before the majority jet off to join their national squads.

Barcelona 4 - 1 Malaga

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
    Shiko
    Shiko

La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga Empty Re: La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga

Post by Shiko Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:09 pm

my predictions is 4-2 win
    we have many problems in the defending line 3 from the standing players are out of this match pique,puyol and abidal
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga Empty Re: La Liga Preview: Barcelona - Malaga

Post by shinnawy Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:58 pm

well i dnt think it ll be an easy game 4 barca...malaga has been gr8 this season. a win but not 4 goals
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:02 am

shinnawy wrote:well i dnt think it ll be an easy game 4 barca...malaga has been gr8 this season. a win but not 4 goals
    A win by 6 goals Very Happy
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:12 am

shinnawy wrote:well i dnt think it ll be an easy game 4 barca...malaga has been gr8 this season. a win but not 4 goals

u got that ryt man , congratulations
    it wasnt by 4 it was by 6 !!!! Suspect Suspect
    what a great competetive league

i mean Inter the 1st vs Reggina the last n it ended 3-0 , that's the max
    El Loddz
    El Loddz

Post by El Loddz Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:36 am

i agree with mahdy i just dont see the point in this league. i got bored..TOO MANY GOALS..
    Shiko
    Shiko

Post by Shiko Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 am

Mahdiano wrote:[u got that ryt man , congratulations
    it wasnt by 4 it was by 6 !!!! Suspect Suspect
    what a great competetive league

i mean Inter the 1st vs Reggina the last n it ended 3-0 , that's the max

i think its at least more competetive than calcio we have 2 teams in the cl quarter final the difference between the first 2 teams is 6 points in the calcio 7 points it doesnt make differennce
    Shiko
    Shiko

Post by Shiko Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 am

El Loddz wrote:i agree with mahdy i just dont see the point in this league. i got bored..TOO MANY GOALS..
    any football fan can admit that the epl is the world's best and most campetetive league
    but ofcourse la liga is more competetive than calcio
    the point u cant see in la liga lodz that la liga is the beauty of football and world most talented players are their
    El Loddz
    El Loddz

Post by El Loddz Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:42 pm

I KNOW THAT BUT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN ONE SIDE GAMES. WHICH IS ALMOST EVERY MATCH IN THE LA LIGA.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 pm