Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Santon rejected EPL move

Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Santon rejected EPL move Empty Santon rejected EPL move

Post by Mahdiano Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:53 pm

I Rejected Chelsea & Manchester United - Inter's Davide Santon

The youngster turned down lucrative offers from the Premier League two years ago...

Inter defender David Santon has revealed he rejected the chance to sign for Chelsea and Manchester United when he was a just 16. He is currently preparing for the big Derby d'Italia against Juventus tomorrow night.

The Italian stopper has been outstanding this season for his side. His consistency has seen him become a favourite of coach Jose Mourinho. Things could have been very different though as Santon was tempted to move to the Premier League.

"The Italian youth system works really well, this is why all the big clubs come here to take players," Santon told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"It's true, I could have also gone to play in England because I knew Manchester United, Chelsea and other teams were asking about me.

"However, Inter offered me my first professional deal when I was 16 and it stopped me from going."

Santon is likely to start against Juventus this weekend. He has not scored for Inter yet, but if he does he will make a special dedication.

"If I score then I will dedicate it to Mourinho as I owe him a lot," concluded the stopper.
    Zein
    Zein

Santon rejected EPL move Empty Re: Santon rejected EPL move

Post by Zein Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:35 pm

I realize that the EPL teams are after Seria A's youngsters.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Zein wrote:I realize that the EPL teams are after Seria A's youngsters.

cause they cant produce their own youngsters

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:33 pm