Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd

George Best.
    George Best.

Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd Empty Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd

Post by George Best. Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:33 pm

JOSE MOURINHO has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to take over from Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager.
    Speculation is mounting that Fergie will retire from football at the end of next season if he leads the club to an historic 19th league championship.

United would need to clinch this season’s Premier League and successfully defend it next year to break Liverpool’s title record.

And Inter Milan boss Mourinho – who has been linked with succeeding the 67-year-old in the past – has offered the clearest indication yet he is ready to assume the Old Trafford hotseat.

When asked if he and United could be ‘a marriage’ when Fergie finally retires, Mourinho said: “Who can say no? Nobody could say ‘no’.

“Manchester United belongs to a small group of clubs around the world where nobody can say ‘no’.

“But I don’t believe he is leaving in 2010. I think he will be the same the year after, healthy and happy."

“I don’t see a reason for him to quit and I hope he still goes on."

Former Chelsea coach Mourinho revealed he still enjoys a friendly relationship with the Scot – despite seeing his Serie A side dumped out of the Champions League by Fergie's Red Devils.

He added: "We both know how to lose and we know how to win.

“That's why after the 14 matches we have played between us – Porto, Chelsea and Inter – whether I win, he wins, or we draw, afterwards, the same respect is there."

Mourinho also refused to rule out a future switch to international management – and claimed a move to the United States could be on the cards.

The Portuguese said: "When you become a national coach life changes completely.

“You become much more an analyst than a coach. You train twice a month, you play once a month, sometimes once every two months.

"You have to wait for the big competitions to come round to become really involved like the World Cup. So at this stage it's not for me.

“But in the future, yes, and the US can be my future yes, and not just as national team manager but even a club team manager.

“It's the kind of country where you feel you could do something. There is huge potential."

See the full interview with Jose Mourinho on ESPNsoccernet.com
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd Empty Re: Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd

Post by Mahdiano Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:10 pm

and we wont find any difficulty 2 replace him when he leave

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:43 pm