Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

3 posters

(634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !!

Devious
    Devious

(634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !! Empty (634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !!

Post by Devious Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:17 am

(634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !! 114743

Zanetti: "Inter, my home"

APPIANO GENTILE - Javier Zanetti sat between Inter president Massimo Moratti and Gianfelice Facchetti in today's special press conference to celebrate yet another milestone.

The Inter captain, whose first thoughts were for Giacinto Facchetti when he made his 600th appearance for Inter against Lecce in September 2008, joined the late Inter legend and president on 634 appearances with his outing against Fiorentina last weekend.

Sat in the front row in the press room to listen to Zanetti's press conference were José Mourinho with club officials Marco Branca, Stefano Filucchi, Ernesto Paolillo and Gabriele Oriali.

"I emotional for everything that is happening," Zanetti said. "I was lucky enough to know Giacinto, an extraordinary person and a reference point who showed me what belonging to Inter means. I have to thank our president Massimo Moratti because he gave me the chance to play in Italy when I was still an unknown. I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.

"I have always believed in this club. Even when Inter were winning little, I knew that things would change sooner or later, and the change was the result of the serious way in which Inter has always worked. I am very proud to be the captain of Inter and part of the history of this club. It's not easy for a foreigner to stay at the same team for so many years but I have succeeded, thanks to the faith that everyone has placed in me.

"Special thanks to those who have supported me, even in the most difficult of times, and, above all, to Giacinto, a person who spoke always and only at the right time. For me, he will always be present because it was he who showed me the way and make Inter my home."

INTER.IT

Javier Zanetti.. he is one of the world football fenomenons.. he is just legedary... high class consistency is his middle name.. One of the most loyal and best leaders out there.. just what can I say!

FORZA IL CAPITANO!! cheers
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

(634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !! Empty Re: (634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !!

Post by Mahdiano Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:22 am

This guy makes us even more proud
    Forza il capitano Zanetti
    Interista
    Interista

(634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !! Empty Re: (634 and counting...) JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE CAPITANO !!

Post by Interista Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Zanetti is the kind of player that did deserve the ballon dor but didnt win it because on his top form inter and argentina were not winnin anything.the same goes to paolo maldini ,but maldini did win the champions league 5 times so its wierd to see player like maldini and zanetti not winnin the ballon dor
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:08 am

a player like Zanetti doesnt have 2 win the ballon d'or to prove his worth
    he is just great the way he is , earning respect of all football fans n having a legendary career

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:05 am