Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello

George Best.
    George Best.

Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello Empty Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello

Post by George Best. Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Wayne Rooney could be the English equivalent of Raul by leading his club and country over the next few years, according to the Three Lions' manager.
    1 Apr 2009 09:29:46

Fabio Capello believes that Wayne Rooney could emulate Real Madrid star Raul and lead both his club and country to glory over the next ten years, perhaps even as captain.

The Italian coach called the forward a “crazy man” after his sending off at Fulham earlier this month but he has now revealed how much he thinks of him.

Having worked with Raul at the Bernabeu, Capello knows how the Real Madrid captain can play and conduct himself and he thinks that Rooney could well follow in the Spaniard’s footsteps.

"Because of his movement, his passion and leadership on the pitch, he is very similar to Raul," AFP quotes Capello as saying.

"When I started at Madrid for the first time, Raul was 19. He was very young but he was already a leader on the pitch."

Rooney has not been put forward as the responsible type too often, but Capello can see him leading England in years to come if he can settle down.

"Can Rooney be England captain? Why not? But you have to wait. Now we have a good captain in John Terry," he added.

Capello also revealed how Sir Alex Ferguson knew it was a gamble to sign Rooney for Everton when he paid £25 million in 2004.

"I remember when Sir Alex Ferguson bought Rooney. I saw him at a UEFA meeting in Nyon and he said: 'Fabio, I am crazy, I have just spent an awful lot of money on a very young player'," the trainer explained.

"But now he is happy because he has spent a lot of money on a very important player."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello Empty Re: Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello

Post by shinnawy Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:59 pm

but i hope he dsnt end up like raul now Very Happy
    George Best.
    George Best.

Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello Empty Re: Wayne Rooney Can Be England's Raul - Fabio Capello

Post by George Best. Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Certainly next United captain!
    Legend! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:35 am