Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

Inter Boss Jose Mourinho: I Am Influenced By Barcelona's Philosophy

Shiko
    Shiko

Inter Boss Jose Mourinho: I Am Influenced By Barcelona's Philosophy Empty Inter Boss Jose Mourinho: I Am Influenced By Barcelona's Philosophy

Post by Shiko Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Mourinho has stated that his spell at the Catalan giants was absolutely essential to his development as a coach. In addition, he said that he believes that the Blaugrana will conquer Europe this season

Jose Mourinho has heaped praise on Barcelona and tipped them to reach the Champions League final. He also revealed that he learned all his coaching methods at the Catalan club.

The Inter trainer was in Portugal to receive an honorary doctorate from Lisbon's Technical University when he revealed his devotion to the Blaugrana way of doing things.

Working under Sir Bobby Robson and Louis van Gaal at Camp Nou, Mourinho learned his trade and stated that everything he now does is guided by the Barca’s principles.

"The philosophy of Barca has influenced me more than any other coach," he told the audience at the university.

"It is a club with a unique culture. They were four vital years I had there. It was there where I clarified the concepts that I put into practice today as a coach."

With his Inter side eliminated from the Champions League by Manchester United, Mourinho has tipped Barcelona to reach the final in Rome.

"They are the best prepared," he continued.

"The difference between the quarter and the semi-final is not much. Barca seem the most likely to go through, but you never know in football.

"Chelsea are another team to keep in mind because they are strong."

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:47 pm