Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

FIA willing to defer new points system

Shiko
    Shiko

FIA willing to defer new points system Empty FIA willing to defer new points system

Post by Shiko Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:00 am

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has said it is willing to postpone the planned introduction of a new points system until 2010 if the teams are unhappy with making the change for the 2009 season.

The new system, which would see the driver with the most wins (rather than points) crowned champion, was announced on Tuesday by the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council, after it rejected an alternative proposal for a revised points structure from the teams.

The teams have since expressed their belief that the rules could not be changed so soon prior to the start of the season without their unanimous agreement and on Friday the FIA offered to defer the plan.

The full statement from the FIA:
    “On 17 March, the FIA World Motor Sport Council unanimously rejected FOTA’s proposed amendment to the points system for the Formula One Drivers’ Championship. The ‘winner takes all’ proposal made by the commercial rights holder (who had been told that the teams were in favour) was then approved.

“If, for any reason, the Formula One teams do not now agree with the new system, its implementation will be deferred until 2010.”
    Shiko
    Shiko

FIA willing to defer new points system Empty Re: FIA willing to defer new points system

Post by Shiko Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:01 am

shinnawy my point of view was right and all teams ad drivers defended it
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

FIA willing to defer new points system Empty Re: FIA willing to defer new points system

Post by shinnawy Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:13 pm

ok...but i am still sticking to my opinion
    "opinions are like assholes every one has got one"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm