Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

3 posters

Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter

Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter Empty Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter

Post by Mahdiano Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:43 pm

I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter - Mancini

Former Inter coach Roberto Mancini talked about the events that led to his goodbye last season.

Around a year after his famous announcement that he would quit Inter, coach Roberto Mancini came back on his experience at the Nerazzurri, and admitted that he could not refuse a return if he was ever called back by president Massimo Moratti.

"I have a contract with Inter for the next three years, but Inter already have a coach," he said to Il Corriere dello Sport. "In any case, I would be obliged to accept if I would be called back. Would I be happy? That's a different matter. In football anything can happen, it's often happened that a coach that was sacked was asked to return.

"The only other Italian team I would coach is Sampdoria. It would be a choice from the heart."

On the events that followed last year's defeat to Liverpool, he said: "I said, 'I think these will be my last few months as Inter coach.' There were some problems, the kind of problems that happen to a team during a season. The elimination from the Champions League was one of these.

"However, I did not have any problems with the team or the president. I don't know if I regret what I said. If I did it, there must have been a reason."

Asked if he thinks his successor Jose Mourinho is more or less liked than him, Mancini said: "I honestly don't know. I don't know Mourinho that well, it's difficult to make judgements. They would be rash and incorrect."

On his relationship with Moratti: "I have to thank Moratti because he allowed me to coach Inter. I think there was and still is a lot of affection between the two of us."

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter Empty Re: Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter

Post by Mahdiano Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:45 pm

well we all know that Mourinho will want to go back to the EPL probably after his contract with Inter expires so i wont ever rule out seein Mancio back on Inter's bench oneday
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter Empty Re: Mancini : I Could Not Turn Down Return To Inter

Post by shinnawy Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:14 am

mou will be abck to the EPL...and maybe mancini be back to inter
    but take care of the release clause he cost u alot last time
    Devious
    Devious

Post by Devious Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm

That`s interesting.. but that would not be good for us at all..

First some of our top players like Ibra wont stay in Inter if Mancini returns..
    Second I do not think that Mancini would add something new for the team.. that`s like taking a step backward from Moratti!
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Devious wrote:That`s interesting.. but that would not be good for us at all..

First some of our top players like Ibra wont stay in Inter if Mancini returns..
    Second I do not think that Mancini would add something new for the team.. that`s like taking a step backward from Moratti!

by the time Mourinho will leave he would have already built a strong Inter side with a strong character n this is what was lacking durin Mancini's period
    so if Mancio get back he wont need 2 work much on that part , he will just need 2 carry on where Mourinho stopped , we dont have 2 forget that Mancini is a very good promising coach n that he also added 2 Inter n was a champion material coach n got Inter back to the winning mentality we were lacking.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:02 pm

shinnawy wrote:mou will be abck to the EPL...and maybe mancini be back to inter
    but take care of the release clause he cost u alot last time

Mourinho said that he has a long career in front of him n he highlighted that he said i'll be back to EPL one day which means according to him maybe in 3 years or maybe in 10
    n i dont expect that Mourinho will leave Inter b4 his contract expires which 2 more years from the end of this season.
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Post by shinnawy Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 pm

i mean if mancicni gets back make release clause less lol!
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:36 pm

shinnawy wrote:i mean if mancicni gets back make release clause less lol!

yes i know what u mean Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am