Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

3 posters

What went wrong with Roma ?

Srour
    Srour

What went wrong with Roma ? Empty What went wrong with Roma ?

Post by Srour Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:07 am

The past few seasons, we have made unimaginable progress at the hands of Luciano Spalletti, who came after the failures of certain coaches as Prandelli and Del Neri, whom ironically are performing very well with their respective teams. Spalletti, who achieved so much despite his thin roster of players and even thinner budget and the infuriating 2m wage cap.

With a revamped squad, Roma went on into the 2009 season with high hopes, new players and a more depth. Alas a poor start condemned this season to not only failure, but an embaressment to Romanisti all over the world. not only are we out of the CL contenders spot, we are 3 points adrift from 7th place, and a staggering eight from fourth.

How could this have happened, sure we can blame the ref once or twice.. injuries also played a huge role. But that would be immature to place 8 defeats and 4 draws on such petty reasons. When i say immature, i mean blaming this hell of a season on fate. Injuries have destroyed our squad, left us thin and without any form of substitute. immature is when we blame Panucci when he fell out with Spalletti, when we could have used him against Arsenal. Immature is also when Rosella Sensi blamed the Physio's - who have been with roma for 10 years -, after she fired them, brought in the new medical staff and there was no difference in the number of injuries.

When a team fucks up so many times, a defense refusing to ever learn from their mistakes, and a front line too inconsistent. More or less, the teams over dependence on Francesco Totti. IMO, you can blame the players.. when a team cannot learn from their mistakes then the problem is with the teacher, Luciano.

Ranieri who is a shite coach, managed to cope with his injury list and will see CL football. No doubt Spalletti is an amazing manager, but his stuborness to depend on certain failing tactics undermine him as a manager. His genius is too repetitive, and his game is easy
    to read. Though, in his defense Roma do lack the speed to issue spalletti's vintage counter attacks. But we have the midfielders to conquer any pitch. sadly, we always lose possession in all our matches, and not only do we lose possession, we lose the reputation la lupi has built over the past years.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

What went wrong with Roma ? Empty Re: What went wrong with Roma ?

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:54 pm

i dunno yasser but as u can see from what u said Roma's failure isnt based now on 1 or 2 reasons , there r many of them

maybe even one of them that it's time for Spalletti to walk out cause he became predicted , his tactics r now very well known to whoever face him and he cant find any better solutions

it's also time for Sensi to stop sellin her big name players n sayin that they will solve a problem n on another hand it makes a bigger one cause so far i didnt see Roma replace a player like Chivu or Mancini n still they r thinkin of sellin Mexes gettin rid of Baptista and Aquilani is a doubt.

injuries just has no answer , all teams face injuries , i think that injuries r just a part of luck , one season ur lucky u dont face many injuries and another one u face a lot of them n they keep comin out of no where

let's say that this year Roma couldnt cope between Serie A n CL n that's why teams like Genoa who had nothin 2 concentrate on but Serie A managed a better spot , Fiorentina knocked out earlier from CL n also UEFA Cup also managed a better spot
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:54 am

I think that Totti is a living legend,but they can't realy on him that much,he's not superman.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 pm

they must get used to him not being around , he is old now so he is exposed 2 injuries easier and in a couple of years he will retire so what will Roma do without him if they cant manage with him
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 pm

I think that Roma will really struggle if they don't get a replacement for Totti before he retires,and this will be very hard,Totti is a legend who has fantastic moments of magic only he can produce,and he's a player that a team can rely on,a great shooter,passer and free kick taker,he's one of my favourite players and I was really sad he retired from Italy,but I accepted the fact,and Roma must accept the fact that he will retire soon he's not a young player,I can't think of any replacements actually,but I hope that Roma finds a good one because they are a team that has the Serie A spirit in it,just like Juve,Milan and Inter.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:15 am

any team in the world will find it hard 2 replace it's icon
    how will Milan replace Maldini , how will Juve replace Del Piero , Inter with Zanetti , Liverpool with Gerrard n the list goes on
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:48 pm

but some teams get great replacements just as good as their Icons or even better,when Beckham left Manchester he was an icon,when Owen left Liverpool he was an icon,these were replaced with great players,but I fear what will happen after Gerrard,and also Juve without Del Piero,Inter without Ibra,those players are really hard to replace,some teams make great replacements and some don't,I don't think Roma can replace Totti.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 pm

sorry but Ibra isn't our icon
    our icon is Javier Zanetti
    Srour
    Srour

Post by Srour Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Arsenal managed to cope without Henry, sure they did struggle for a while but now the are CL contenders.

Of course Totti cant go on together, all season he never started 4 consecutive matches, he is more than just class and we can never, ever just 'replace' him. The squad needs to rejoice, what Totti gave us the past few years was extra-ordinary. Despite being unimaginable, i am confident Totti will leave Roma in good hands, with De Rossi and Aquilani and the rest of the bright primivera side. the futures always been bright, you all just have to wait and see.

on topic, If you think Roma's over dependance on Totti is the reason then your partially correct, playing a whole season without your best player is dreadful.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:43 pm

any team no matter how big it is playing without their best player for almost half of the season for sure will face dramatic change and this was the case with Roma but IMO this isnt the only reason

read through ma 1st posts i stated more than 1 reason 4 Roma's failure this season
    Srour
    Srour

Post by Srour Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Roma did not cope with their injuries
    Roma could not control their squads anger and fell to so many red cards this season
    Roma failed to pass the CL quarter finals in a match which could have been easily won.
    all these mistakes lie on one mans shoulder, Luciano Spalletti. he is an excellent tactician no doubt, but his stubbornness to change tactics slew down Roma.
    That is my conclusion at least.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Srour wrote:Roma did not cope with their injuries
    Roma could not control their squads anger and fell to so many red cards this season
    Roma failed to pass the CL quarter finals in a match which could have been easily won.
    all these mistakes lie on one mans shoulder, Luciano Spalletti. he is an excellent tactician no doubt, but his stubbornness to change tactics slew down Roma.
    That is my conclusion at least.

i agree with that Yasser n this is exactly what i said in ma 1st posts
    Srour
    Srour

Post by Srour Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 pm

yes i see, i can only hope for a better season next year. with our without CL football.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Srour wrote:yes i see, i can only hope for a better season next year. with our without CL football.

u already lost hope on CL for this season ???
    Srour
    Srour

Post by Srour Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 pm

not entirely, i wont lose hope until its mathematically impossible to reach 4th place. but given the circumstances all season i can be excuse to be a bit pessimistic.

we can see after tonight's match, a 6 pointer. We must win, but i wont be surprised if we dont..
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:12 pm

it's just as Genoa is the only team remainin in the race without difficult games as they finished Inter , Milan , Juve n Roma games

while now Roma n Fiorentina will have to go head to head 2night then each of them will get to face Milan , Roma to visit San Siro n Fiorentina to host Milan in Florence

so as we know Genoa look favs n in better position but who knows at least there is 10% hope
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Mahdiano wrote:sorry but Ibra isn't our icon
    It doesn't matter who your Icon is,who wins u matches?Ibra,who's the most player u depend on?Ibra,who's ur best player?Ibra,get real Inter won't be Inter without Ibra,and now that Adriano's gone,Ibra is more important than ever,you don't have a regular scorer besides Ibra,he's the one who always scores 2 or 3 goals in most of Inter's games,bottom line you need Ibra way more than Zanetti
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Tauro-8- wrote:
    It doesn't matter who your Icon is,who wins u matches?Ibra,who's the most player u depend on?Ibra,who's ur best player?Ibra,get real Inter won't be Inter without Ibra,and now that Adriano's gone,Ibra is more important than ever,you don't have a regular scorer besides Ibra,he's the one who always scores 2 or 3 goals in most of Inter's games,bottom line you need Ibra way more than Zanetti

Look whatever u think our icon is Zanetti , he is inter's symbol , leader n idol

Ibra is our key player but b4 Ibra there was Adriano b4 Adri was Vieri b4 Vieri there was Ronaldo n b4 Ronaldo there was others and the list goes on and after Ibra will come another player

but i wanna say how can we buy 15 years of loyalty , respect , passion and love for the shirt like Zanetti , i just cant imagine Inter without Zanetti but i can see Inter without Ibra , we can find a replacement for Zlatan although it's way too hard to replace one of the best strikers in the world if not thee best

i just hope Santon takes this all the way to be our new Zanetti , Bergomi or Facchetti.
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Mahdiano wrote:
    Tauro-8- wrote:

Look whatever u think our icon is Zanetti , he is inter's symbol , leader n idol

Ibra is our key player but b4 Ibra there was Adriano b4 Adri was Vieri b4 Vieri there was Ronaldo n b4 Ronaldo there was others and the list goes on and after Ibra will come another player

but i wanna say how can we buy 15 years of loyalty , respect , passion and love for the shirt like Zanetti , i just cant imagine Inter without Zanetti but i can see Inter without Ibra , we can find a replacement for Zlatan although it's way too hard to replace one of the best strikers in the world if not thee best

i just hope Santon takes this all the way to be our new Zanetti , Bergomi or Facchetti.
    Man,I love Zanetti he's really one of the best,however he can be replaced easily,good side backs are plenty out there but world class strikers aren't
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:45 pm

Tauro-8- wrote:
    Mahdiano wrote:
    Tauro-8- wrote:

Man,I love Zanetti he's really one of the best,however he can be replaced easily,good side backs are plenty out there but world class strikers aren't

no disrespect man but u just proved how poor u r in football knowledge

u didnt even understand what i said , well we can replace a good side back m8 but u cant replace a SYMBOL
    and i hope u do understand what a symbol means
    i'm talkin about Zanetti's loyalty , passion , love 4 the team and leadership
    15 years of loyalty cant be replaced as easily as u think , 36 years old and still perform like a 20 year old youngster
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 am

no,I get what u r saying,symbols like Del Piero,Gerrard and Kahn(once upon a time)but my point is Ibra is irreplacable,you can't replace Ibra,can you?
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Tauro-8- wrote:no,I get what u r saying,symbols like Del Piero,Gerrard and Kahn(once upon a time)but my point is Ibra is irreplacable,you can't replace Ibra,can you?

yes i think we can
    as we know if Ibra is to leave it will be for a shit load of money and this money can help us to sign players like Villa , Benzema , Aguero or Tevez ok they aint as good as Ibra but signing 2 of them will be great if u know what i mean.

as i told u we managed to replace "Ronaldo" b4 and many great players but symbols r always hard to replace
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Mahdiano wrote:
    Tauro-8- wrote:no,I get what u r saying,symbols like Del Piero,Gerrard and Kahn(once upon a time)but my point is Ibra is irreplacable,you can't replace Ibra,can you?

yes i think we can
    as we know if Ibra is to leave it will be for a shit load of money and this money can help us to sign players like Villa , Benzema , Aguero or Tevez ok they aint as good as Ibra but signing 2 of them will be great if u know what i mean.

as i told u we managed to replace "Ronaldo" b4 and many great players but symbols r always hard to replace
    I'm sorry man but I think Villa is better than Ibra,but that's just my opinion,and if u really get Villa and Aguero for example,2 strikers instead of 1 then u'll really be better without Ibra,but I don't think Villa will leave,and if he did there's gonna be one hell of a competition from Liverpool,Real,Barca and the list goes on.and Benzema is going to Barca,but strangely ever since a 100 mil, price tag was set on Ibra no team began transfer talks and even no transfer rumors began so far,any team would dream of signing Ibra but a 100 mil. is too much,I mean Villa is for 45,He said he was leaving but that's not a guarantee that you'll find a team willing to pay a 100 mil.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 pm

well if u give a visist to the Inter forum u will find a topic where David Villa himself mentioned Inter as his prefered destination and that he dreams of bein Ibra's partner

i dont agree with u that Villa is better than Ibra but this stays as a case of different oppinions so no arguement here

on the other hand i do agree that the 100 millions price tag set for Ibra will make it very hard for any team to make a bid and this is just a number Inter set to keep all teams away from him cause we have no intentions of selling him and i dont believe he will leave.
    Tauro-8-
    Tauro-8-

Post by Tauro-8- Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:41 pm

honestly Ibra shouldn't leave,I don't want him to leave I'd be happier if he stayed at Inter,although in Serie A I like Juve and this will probably be in Juve's best interest if he goes,but Inter is where he should play

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 am