Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

3 posters

Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma

Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma Empty Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:04 am

Serie A Week 31 - 11/4/09 (14.00 UK)

Lazio - Roma

Stadio Olimpico

Il Derby del Cupolone will be as unpredictable as ever this time around, with Lazio and Roma facing each other hoping to improve on a so far disappointing season.

The Biancocelesti approach this derby in the worst possible way after three consecutive defeats. President Claudio Lotito is so furious with his players that he has ordered a ’ritiro’ in Norcia. The Laziali currently hold a mid-table position with little hope of qualifying for the UEFA Cup.

“I want to apologise to everybody,” said Coach Delio Rossi. “I take full responsibility but I am not going to resign. This was a bad way to prepare for the derby,” he said referring to their 2-0 defeat at hands of Siena.

“We cannot be that bad,” noted director Igli Tare. “But on Saturday it will be a completely different Lazio, we need to honour our shirt and our history.”

Meanwhile, Roma are still chasing fourth spot but there is little they can do if Genoa and Fiorentina keep on winning. The Giallorossi are three points behind the Viola and five from the Rossoblu. On Sunday they managed to beat Bologna 2-1 at the Olimpico but it wasn’t exactly easy for them.

“Thank God I am not finished yet,” confessed Francesco Totti after scoring a brace against the Emiliani. “I have still got a lot to give to this team and I will play for a long time to come. We collected several negative results but we will try to win all the games and hope the others will drop some points.”

Lazio will be missing Simone Inzaghi and Cristian Brocchi but should have all the rest of their squad available. Mauro Zarate and Tommaso Rocchi are expected to start up front while Stefano Mauri should play just behind them. Still Rossi could surprise everybody by selecting Goran Pandev and lining up the trident.

Roma’s injury list is much longer and includes the likes of Alberto Aquilani, Marco Cassetti, Rodrigo Taddei, Mirko Vucinic, Juan and Cicinho – who could all miss out. It will have to be seen whether Luciano Spalletti will go for a brave formation and line up Derby man Vincenzo Montella from the start.

Keep an eye on: Francesco Totti (Roma) – No one other than Er Pupone could be at the centre of attention for this clash. His brace against Bologna proved he is still alive and kicking. We will have to see whether he will be able to “purgare ancora” the Biancocelesti.

Form Guide: Lazio (W W L L L) Roma (D D D L W)

Last season: Lazio 3-2 Roma
    Lazio (probable): Muslera; Lichtsteiner, Siviglia, Cribari, Kolarov; Foggia, Ledesma, Matuzalem; Pandev, Rocchi, Zarate

Roma (probable): Doni; Motta, Mexes, Panucci, Riise; De Rossi, Pizarro, Brighi; Perrotta; Baptista, Totti
    Srour
    Srour

Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma Empty Re: Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma

Post by Srour Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:32 am

For Lazio, this match is almost everything for them.. they would rather a victory against Roma than a CL spot. Moreover, Delio Rossi also thrives in this match. hopefully Totti's presence can affect the rest of the squad.
    Moreover if Menez is fit then i would feild him instead of Baptista (and Montella), he might not be that good yet, but he's our only fast player we have !! against Bologna his runs were always causing problems for them.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma Empty Re: Il Derby D'il Capitale - Lazio vs Roma

Post by Mahdiano Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:24 pm

i agree with u yasser
    Lazio will do almost everything to get the win
    but IMO ryt now Roma need this one more for the CL spot
    Zein
    Zein

Post by Zein Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:00 pm

Lazio grabbed a deserved win. Disaster for Doni !.
    Roma's Champions League hopes hang in the balance following their derby pasting.
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Lazio looked very agressive
    scored 2wice in the 1st 4 minutes and kept hittin back whenever Roma was tryin 2 get up
    Roma players were way more nervous n that's reasonable for the way they started the match goin down 2-0 in 4 minutes.

after Genoa n Fiorentina wins the CL spot looks even harder for Roma to reach but i still say it's not impossible.

Kolarov's goal was great n Zarate's was something that cant be described

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:23 am