Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Pep Guardiola: A Blind Man Could See It Was A Penalty

Shiko
    Shiko

Pep Guardiola: A Blind Man Could See It Was A Penalty Empty Pep Guardiola: A Blind Man Could See It Was A Penalty

Post by Shiko Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:33 am

After being sent off for protesting, Guardiola felt that Barcelona should have won a penalty but he should not have reacted the way he did

Pep Guardiola admitted that he should not have shouted at the fourth official and linesman during Barcelona's triumph against Bayern Munich, but he insists that his side should have had a penalty.

The Blaugrana coach was incensed when Lionel Messi was booked after colliding with a defender as the referee felt he had simulated a foul in search of a spot-kick.

After protesting vociferously to the officials nearest to the Barca bench, Guardiola was sent to the stands for his troubles and admits he should not have reacted the way he did.

"I should not have behaved like I did, I should have controlled myself. But I still believe that the decision not to give a penalty was scandalous," AS quoted him as saying.

"We were two goals ahead and a third goal then would have allowed us to relax. The referee knew it was a penalty. Even a blind person could see it was a penalty."

Despite securing a four-goal victory, Guardiola stated that he wants Barcelona to score again in the Allianz Arena next week in order to ensure themselves of a place in the semi-final.

"We need to score a goal in Germany with respect to the fact that in their team they have great players that have won world and European honours," he continued.

"We spoke in the changing room and I said that Bayern never give up and that we should go for more goals.

"We were good at turning defence into attack."

With the Champions League victory under the belt, Guardiola was already focused on the weekend encounter against Recreativo de Huelva in Camp Nou.

"Now our thoughts are on Recreativo and to decide how we take a break because Madrid are pressing and I doubt they will lose their rhythm because they are strong," he added.

"The key is to not think about defending the six point lead, but instead to think about adding three more."
    George Best.
    George Best.

Pep Guardiola: A Blind Man Could See It Was A Penalty Empty Re: Pep Guardiola: A Blind Man Could See It Was A Penalty

Post by George Best. Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 pm

No, a blind man cannot see if it was a penalty.
    Fuck you Guardiola.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am