Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

Wayne Rooney: Premier League Triumph Essential For Manchester United

El Loddz
    El Loddz

Wayne Rooney: Premier League Triumph Essential For Manchester United Empty Wayne Rooney: Premier League Triumph Essential For Manchester United

Post by El Loddz Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:59 pm

The England international says the Red Devils must retain the trophy to be deemed a success...

Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney believes the club must retain their Premier League title this season or else be deemed a "failure".

The Red Devils have won the trophy in the past two seasons and appeared to be cruising to a third in a row, until they suffered successive defeats to Liverpool and Fulham.

However, United are still one point ahead of their Merseyside-based rivals Liverpool and also have a chance to increase that lead should they win their game in hand.

Rooney feels that his team-mates understand what is expected of them and is backing them to produce the goods.

"If you don't manage to retain a trophy, you can't deem it as anything but a failure," Rooney told Inside United.

"You have already proved you are good enough to do it, so it just drives you on to win more.

"The history of the club demands that we continue winning. I don't think the players would ever let themselves become complacent."

The 23-year-old former Everton youngster, who recently came in for criticism from some quarters for revealing his dislike of Liverpool, says there will be an added bonus if United win the league this year.

"Victory in the league this season will definitely taste sweeter if we pip Liverpool to the title,” Rooney said.

"That said, I have never had to endure much Liverpool success. The last time they won the league I was only a child. Even so, it would be hard to take if they won it this season."
    El Loddz
    El Loddz

Wayne Rooney: Premier League Triumph Essential For Manchester United Empty Re: Wayne Rooney: Premier League Triumph Essential For Manchester United

Post by El Loddz Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:02 pm

and the worrying starts NOW.
    I think this year will be a tough one for rooney.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 am