Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

2 posters

Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd

George Best.
    George Best.

Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd Empty Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd

Post by George Best. Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Wayne Rooney has reiterated his love for Manchester United by stating that he wants to spend the rest of his career with the club.

Since arriving from Everton in 2004, Rooney has become a huge fans' favourite at Old Trafford.

He still has over three years left on his current deal, but wants to follow the examples of club stalwarts Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville - who have all spent more than a decade playing for the Red Devils.

"I've always said that as long as United want me I'm happy to stay at the club," Rooney told Inside United magazine. "I don't want to leave. I love United and I have no reason to think about moving. I'm sure I'll be here for a long time.

"I hope I'm still at United when I'm the same age as guys like Ryan, Paul and Gary."

Meawhile, Gary Neville has declared himself fit and ready to help Manchester United get back on the championship trail. Neville has missed 11 matches with a groin injury but returned to action in a reserve-team game at Newcastle on Monday.

The 34-year-old is now in contention to face Aston Villa in the Premier League on Sunday, with Porto to follow in a Champions League quarter-final at Old Trafford barely 48 hours later.

Neville is bound to be a bit rusty after so long out. But the 34-year-old is eager to help United get their campaign on track once more after successive defeats against Liverpool and Fulham prior to the international break.

"I have got the opportunity to be fit now and hopefully be available for Sunday, Tuesday and the other games we have coming up with are so vital for us," he told MUTV. "We need every player fit but obviously I have got to concentrate on myself and make sure I am ready."

United have seen a seven-point lead hacked down to one amid their mini slump and with Liverpool in action before the Red Devils this weekend, Rafael Benitez's side could be top - having played two games more - before out-of-form Villa head to Old Trafford.

"It is a hugely important game for us," Neville said of the Villa clash. "We know what we need to do and we need the crowd behind us.

"I don't think anyone will be underestimating the importance of the match. There are no more chances for us now. We need to start winning games and get back on a winning run."
    George Best.
    George Best.

Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd Empty Re: Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd

Post by George Best. Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm

I FUCKIN' LOVE HIM!

Legend. Twisted Evil
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd Empty Re: Rooney: I never want to leave Manchester Utd

Post by shinnawy Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 pm

he is from merseyside and still one of the most lovers for united i ve ever seen.... a true united lover

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am