Football Ultras

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Ultras is a forum to discuss anything related to Football.

5 posters

Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd .

George Best.
    George Best.

Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd . Empty Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd .

Post by George Best. Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:32 pm

JOSE MOURINHO has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to take over from Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager.
    Speculation is mounting that Fergie will retire from football at the end of next season if he leads the club to an historic 19th league championship.

United would need to clinch this season’s Premier League and successfully defend it next year to break Liverpool’s title record.

And Inter Milan boss Mourinho – who has been linked with succeeding the 67-year-old in the past – has offered the clearest indication yet he is ready to assume the Old Trafford hotseat.

When asked if he and United could be ‘a marriage’ when Fergie finally retires, Mourinho said: “Who can say no? Nobody could say ‘no’.

“Manchester United belongs to a small group of clubs around the world where nobody can say ‘no’.

“But I don’t believe he is leaving in 2010. I think he will be the same the year after, healthy and happy."

“I don’t see a reason for him to quit and I hope he still goes on."

Former Chelsea coach Mourinho revealed he still enjoys a friendly relationship with the Scot – despite seeing his Serie A side dumped out of the Champions League by Fergie's Red Devils.

He added: "We both know how to lose and we know how to win.

“That's why after the 14 matches we have played between us – Porto, Chelsea and Inter – whether I win, he wins, or we draw, afterwards, the same respect is there."

Mourinho also refused to rule out a future switch to international management – and claimed a move to the United States could be on the cards.

The Portuguese said: "When you become a national coach life changes completely.

“You become much more an analyst than a coach. You train twice a month, you play once a month, sometimes once every two months.

"You have to wait for the big competitions to come round to become really involved like the World Cup. So at this stage it's not for me.

“But in the future, yes, and the US can be my future yes, and not just as national team manager but even a club team manager.

“It's the kind of country where you feel you could do something. There is huge potential."

See the full interview with Jose Mourinho on ESPNsoccernet.com
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd . Empty Re: Jose: I couldn't say 'no' to Utd .

Post by shinnawy Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:21 pm

i am not sure if he is gonna be SAF successor.....i think he has EPL experience and he hinted alot about his interest in united...but i think the next manager will be a former united player!
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 pm

IMO as well as we Know Mourinho cant say no 2 United , United cant say no to Mourinho 2 , he will be the 1st name to bring up after SAF
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Post by shinnawy Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 pm

i now but i still have the feeling that a former player will be the next manager...keano,giggs,robson......
    i d love to see martin o'neil as our manager
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:43 pm

shinnawy wrote:i now but i still have the feeling that a former player will be the next manager...keano,giggs,robson......
    i d love to see martin o'neil as our manager

Mourinho is the best name to keep u on the ryt track
    but a change from SAF to Keane or Giggs will be a huge drop
    experience will be a huge problem and maybe u will be forced to drop a couple of seasons b4 bouncing back
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Post by shinnawy Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:45 pm

i know it will be a huge drop....but i think we might do it!!
    Karim Akerfeldt
    Karim Akerfeldt

Post by Karim Akerfeldt Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm

I prefer Martin O'Neil, However, Mourinho arrogance brings back SAF when he was young, adding to that Mourinho's Coaching abilities. So, Mourinho is the best, but i believe Martin O'Neil is better for us.
    El Loddz
    El Loddz

Post by El Loddz Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 pm

i dont think there will be a successor for SAF even mourinho will have an impossible time to success SAF ( the guy is a legend ).
    Mahdiano
    Mahdiano
    Admin

Post by Mahdiano Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 pm

El Loddz wrote:i dont think there will be a successor for SAF even mourinho will have an impossible time to success SAF ( the guy is a legend ).

well u can judge Mourinho on that in a 25 year 1 team career
    he's already in his beggin of his career and he won everything a coach can win with a Clb , not with the same amount of SAF and that's thanx to age difference
    judge Mourinho after 25 years with 1 team
    Karim Akerfeldt
    Karim Akerfeldt

Post by Karim Akerfeldt Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 am

I agree with Mahdy for judging Mouriho after 25 Years, but i don't think any manager will do what the SIR did Razz
    George Best.
    George Best.

Post by George Best. Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:49 pm

I don't think any ex-United player is good enough to manage United. Steve Bruce has been the best of them but he still has alot to do to be worth the managing spot.
    At the moment Martin O'neil and Jose Mourinho would be the best alternatives however, there is no comparing between the two managers. The guy took the UCL with Porto FFS!
    Mourinho would be the best succesor for SAF.
    Fergie's been managing this side for virtually my whole life. When his time's up, it's going to leave a seismic hole in my life. Sad
    shinnawy
    shinnawy

Post by shinnawy Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:17 pm

and SAF won the CWC with ABERDEEN FFS!!!
    THE REASON I DNT WANT MOU IS THAT HE WONT STAY FOR LONG
    Karim Akerfeldt
    Karim Akerfeldt

Post by Karim Akerfeldt Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:06 am

and that's why i doubt he will come, Martin O'Neil will stay long, build up a strong team, win everything again :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 am